This course provides you with the knowledge and skills to be able to plan, prepare, deliver and review strength and conditioning programmes that will help athletes to achieve their performance goals. During the qualification you will cover the following:
- The role of a strength and conditioning coach as part of an athlete’s support team
- Methods of carrying out performance-related needs analysis, measurements and assessments
- Strategies to analyse and evaluate assessment findings in order to be able to develop and gree short, medium and long term performance goals
- Planning, delivering and evaluating periodised, performance-related strength and conditioning programmes
Blended Learning: The course includes elements of guided self-study supported by our specialist tutors and attendance on workshops and practical assessments. The course duration is around 14-16 weeks. Assessment will be done through casework/project, a Portfolio of Evidence, Practical Demonstration/Assignment/Assessment.
The home learning element of the course is guided by a personal tutor with our new learning resources, NSCA Strength and Conditioning specially approved text and web resources which is included within the qualification.
All students will have specific calls booked in to provide guidance, support and mentoring throughout the course.
Pre-requisites for taking this course
- Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training or coaching qualification, or Level 3 Strength & Conditioning qualification or equivalent
- Active IQ Level 4 Certificate in Strength & Conditioning
- REPs Points – 20