This course is designed to enable you to plan, conduct and review programmes to address the needs of clients with obesity and /or diabetes. Allowing you to support your clients to change their eating behaviours to aid in the management of obesity and/or diabetes.
- Prevalence and classification of obesity, metabolic syndrome and diabetes
- Development and pathophysiology of obesity and diabetes
- Planning and delivering physical activity and nutrition strategies for obesity and diabetes management
Online: All theory modules are studied online. Assessment will be done through casework/project and a Portfolio of Evidence.
Pre-requisites for taking this course
- Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral or equivalent
- Active IQ Level 4 Certificate in Physical Activity & Weight Management
- REPs Points – 20