Want to become a Personal Trainer quickly? New to the fitness industry? Then this course if perfect for you.
The aim of this Level 3 Diploma in Fitness Instructing and Personal Training qualification is to train learners to a professionally competent level, enabling them to prescribe, plan and deliver safe and effective exercise programmes developing their skills and knowledge to pursue a career in personal training.
How long is the training?
This is up to the individual, but generally, it takes approximately 6 weeks of online study. The beauty of online learning is that you can move at fast as you like. Full support is given throughout, with scheduled checkups with your tutor to keep you on track.
What makes this a FastTrack Diploma?
With the new FastTrack Personal Training Diploma, you go straight through from the start to Level 3 Personal Training.
Course Content for the Personal Trainer Certificate
- Know How To Support Clients Who Take Part In Exercise And Physical Activity
- Health, Safety And Welfare In A Fitness Environment
- Principles Of Exercise, Fitness And Health
- Preparing For Gym-Based Exercise
- Instructing Gym-Based Exercise
- Level 3 Anatomy & Physiology For Exercise And Health
- Applying The Principles Of Nutrition To A Physical Activity Programme
- Programming Personal Training With Clients
- Developing Personal Training Sessions
We have two options for this course – simply select your preferred method above:
- Online: Complete all your theory modules online and attend 1 Gym Training Day, 1 Gym Assessment Day,1 PT Training Day and 1 PT Assessment Day (total 4 days) throughout your study, at one of our venues in the north east or London
- You will be prompted to book your Training and Assessment Days when you reach the last theory unit in each section on your student desktop. Dates can be found under the ‘Additional Information’ tab on this page
- Intensive: A mix of theory and practical workshops within a condensed time-frame at one of our venues in the north east or London;
- Gym = 2 weeks Monday-Friday
- Personal Trainer = 3 weeks Monday-Friday
All course dates can be found on the Course Dates page.
What is involved in the Assessment?
- Portfolio of evidence
- Practical demonstration/assignment
- Multiple choice exam
What do I need for this course?
- Experience using gym & fitness equipment, including free weights is recommended
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Fitness Instructing andPersonal Training (QCF)
- Entry onto REPs register
- REPs Points – 20