Who is it for?
There are 2 awards in preparing to teach in the lifelong learning sector: one at Level 3, the other at Level 4.
This Level 3 qualification is for learners who are new to the Lifelong Learning Sector, have little or no teaching experience, and want to get a solid introduction to basic practical teaching skills and theory.
Learners considering teaching within Higher Education Institutions should bear in mind that this Level 3 qualification is less widely recognised than the Level 4 qualification.
- Roles, responsibilities and relationships
- Inclusive learning and teaching approaches
- Facilitate learning and development for groups or individuals
- Principles and practices of assessment
Complete all theory modules online and then attend 1 Training Day and 1 Journal Assessment Day at one of our venues in the North East.
You must achieve a minimum of 12 credits; 3 credits must be achieved from Group A, 6 credits from Group B and 3 credits from Group C
- Roles, responsibilities and relationships in lifelong learning (3)
- Understanding inclusive learning and teaching in the lifelong learning (3)
- Using inclusive learning and teaching approaches in lifelong learning (3)
- Facilitate learning and development in groups (6)
- Facilitate learning and development for individuals (6)
- Principles of assessment in lifelong learning (3)
- Understanding the principles and practices of assessment (3)
Learners need to hold a qualification in the discipline they intend to teach.
- Active IQ Level 3 Award in Education & Training (QCF)
- REPs points – 20