‘The Fit Life’ Programme Of Study
Are you 16-18 with an interest in health and fitness? Want to make it your career? Here at Fit Training, we want to help you into the fitness industry with qualifications, interview skills, guaranteed interviews with employers, support and guidance from our expert tutors and options to help with transport costs.
Could this be you?
Sign up below and we will get back to you and show you how you can start your career in fitness.
Programme of Study Videos
What is our Programme of Study Course
For anyone aged 16-18 years of age looking to get into the fitness industry.
We will ensure that you are studying at the right level, whether you would like to progress to an Apprenticeship, college, to take additional professional qualifications within sports and fitness. We will ensure that you are challenged to reach your potential and will support you every step of the way. On every Programme of Study, you will:
- Help to gain English and Maths qualifications if you need it
- Receive tutorial support
- Take part in non-study activities such as sports, art and other social activities
- Receive guidance and help with applying for any financial support
- 580 hours of study per year
- Help with transport costs
Programmes of Study have been developed by the Government for all 16-18 year olds as a new, more relevant way to learn and they will ensure you receive:
- A substantial qualification at Level 1, 2 or 3 (e.g. Diploma / Extended Diploma / City & Guilds or other professional qualification)
- The opportunity to undertake work experience
- GCSE A* – C English and Maths equivalent, if you don’t have it already, or a qualification that will help you progress towards GCSE in the future
- Non-qualification activity, for example tutorial time, study skills and other enrichment activities
Having qualifications is great, but it isn’t always enough to get you the job you want. Here at Fit Training International, we make sure you get the skills and experience that today’s employers want.
- Help you decide whether a career in fitness is right for you
- Provide invaluable experience in a working environment
- Increase your personal fitness levels
- Build your confidence and personal development
- Provide excellent progression routes into an apprenticeship
- All of our tutors have current industry fitness experience as they also instruct in the fitness discipline subject in which they teach. This ensures you get up to date knowledge and benefit from their experience
- We have access to fully equipped training academies with the latest fitness equipment at Eldon Leisure, Eldon Square, Newcastle-upon-Tyne. We are situated in easy-to-access city centre locations; only minutes away from the Metro in central Newcastle and Durham, with public transport links to rail, Metro, and bus services
Programme of Study: Case Studies
Macy came to us in August 2017 with her connections worker, Jason, looking to enrol on a fitness-based programme.
For a year previous, Macy, of her own admission, was ‘off the rails’: out of education and training; ended up in care; and was in trouble with the police. She thought fitness would give her some focus as she already enjoyed boxing.
Macy was also concerned she had ADHD and that the classroom would be too much for her, and she wouldn’t be able to focus.