‘The Fit Life’ Programme Of Study
Are you 16-18 with an interest in health and fitness? Want to make it your career? Here at Fit Training, we want to help you into the fitness industry with qualifications, interview skills, guaranteed interviews with employers, support and guidance from our expert tutors and options to help with transport costs.
Could this be you?
Programme of Study Videos
Macy came to us in August 2017 with her connections worker, Jason, looking to enrol on a fitness-based programme.
For a year previous, Macy, of her own admission, was ‘off the rails’: out of education and training; ended up in care; and was in trouble with the police. She thought fitness would give her some focus as she already enjoyed boxing.
Macy was also concerned she had ADHD and that the classroom would be too much for her, and she wouldn’t be able to focus.
Macy found it tough at first, would often say she couldn’t do it and thought everyone was better than her. But, her confidence soon grew and she was able to find motivation, and also to motivate others.
Since starting the programme, Macy has completed L2 Gym plus Circuits and Maths/English. She participates in boxing 6 nights a week and is involved with a running club – where she works as a volunteer working with ex-offenders to help them with their fitness and to rebuild their lives.
Macy wants to continue up to PT level 3 and wants to open her own boxing and fitness centre for woman to encourage and motivate where they would normally be reluctant, due to the nature of the sport.
INTERVIEW WITH MACY:
Q1. What did you enjoy most about the study programme?
All the fitness tests we have done and meeting new people and making new friends.
Q2. How do you feel the tutors have helped you?
I really like the tutors because they are nice and actually listen to you and try to help you in any way they can. Even when I had bad days where I didn’t get it they were so understanding.
Q3. What would you say to others who were in a similar situation to you and thinking about what they should do next?
If anyone was considering the course I would tell them to definitely do it as it’s helped me so much with my confidence. I now have qualifications that I would never have had otherwise. My concentration has improved and I have new skills and a CV.
What is our Programme of Study Course?
For anyone aged 16-18 years of age looking to get into the fitness industry.
We will ensure that you are studying at the right level, whether you would like to progress to an Apprenticeship, college, to take additional professional qualifications within sports and fitness. We will ensure that you are challenged to reach your potential and will support you every step of the way. On every Programme of Study, you will:
- Help to gain English and Maths qualifications if you need it
- Receive tutorial support
- Take part in non-study activities such as sports, art and other social activities
- Receive guidance and help with applying for any financial support
- 580 hours of study per year
- Help with transport costs
Programmes of Study have been developed by the Government for all 16-18 year olds as a new, more relevant way to learn and they will ensure you receive:
- A substantial qualification at Level 1, 2 or 3 (e.g. Diploma / Extended Diploma / City & Guilds or other professional qualification)
- The opportunity to undertake work experience
- GCSE A* – C English and Maths equivalent, if you don’t have it already, or a qualification that will help you progress towards GCSE in the future
- Non-qualification activity, for example tutorial time, study skills and other enrichment activities
Having qualifications is great, but it isn’t always enough to get you the job you want. Here at Fit Training International, we make sure you get the skills and experience that today’s employers want.
- Help you decide whether a career in fitness is right for you
- Provide invaluable experience in a working environment
- Increase your personal fitness levels
- Build your confidence and personal development
- Provide excellent progression routes into an apprenticeship
- All of our tutors have current industry fitness experience as they also instruct in the fitness discipline subject in which they teach. This ensures you get up to date knowledge and benefit from their experience
- We have access to fully equipped training academies with the latest fitness equipment at Lighfoot Centre & Eldon Leisure in Newcastle-upon-Tyne and Freemans Quay in Durham.
- We are situated in easy-to-access city centre locations; only minutes away from the Metro in central Newcastle and Durham, with public transport links to rail, Metro, and bus services
26 weeks. It is a mix of fitness sessions and theory each day, 16 hours a week.
We are busy expanding our areas to other parts of the UK and you can start with us in one of the following locations: