What qualifications can I get a 19+ loan for?
Fast Track Personal Trainer (Level 2 Gym + Level 3 Personal Trainer)
Health & Fitness Diploma (Level 2 Gym + Level 3 Personal Trainer + Level3 Sports Massage Therapy + GP Referral)
Who are 19+ Loans for?
Those over 19 years old who are eligible in order to help with the costs of college or training qualifications.
What makes me eligible?
Nationality or residency status details…
- be living in the UK on the first day of your training
- have been living in the UK, Channel Islands or Isle of Man for 3 years before starting your training
- be a UK national or have ‘settled status’ (this means there’s no restrictions on how long you can stay)
You may also qualify if you are…
- an EU national or a family member of one
- a refugee
- a migrant worker
- the child of a Swiss national
- the child of a Turkish worker
How much will I get towards the training?
If you are eligible, you will be able to get the full amount of the any of the qualifications stated above
Please remember – loans have to be paid back.
You don’t have to repay anything until you earn more than £21,000 a year. The loan doesn’t depend on your income and there are no credit checks.
An example of your repayments:
- £7 a month – if you earn £22,000
- £30 a month – if you earn £25,000
The fee is always paid directly to your training provider – in this case Fit Training International.
How do I apply for a 19+ loan?
How long does the whole application process take?
It can take approx 3 weeks from start to finish.
It usually takes around 4 days to get your ‘learning and funding information’ letter from us, then you will need to register your application. Once you’re registered, you’ll get a letter confirming your loan – usually within 2 weeks when you apply online, postal applications take longer.
NB: You can apply for a loan without a National Insurance number, but you must have one before the loan can be paid.